When you experience water damage loss you need the most qualified firm to put you back to normal as fast as possible and with the least disruption in your life. Unfortunately, not all companies that clean carpet and even advertise that they handle water damage are qualified to dry down your wet home and contents.
Rescue Carpets Cleaning can handle water damage properly,
it requires the company and its technicians to be appropriately trained in the science of drying. Rescue Carpets Cleaning has the required monitoring instruments that can detect the presence of moisture even behind walls and under floors.
Only after adequate testing with these sensitive instruments can you be sure that your home is thoroughly dried out and safe from potential build up of mold, mildew, and other microorganisms. A professional water damage restoration firm will have special air movers that direct large volumes of air along the floors, walls and carpets to speed up the drying time. They will also have commercial dehumidifiers that may be needed when conditions in the home are humid and drying the air becomes important.
When Water Damage does Damage…… Tips
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping or sweeping
- Wipe furniture dry and block it up to allow the base to dry
- Lift draperies off the carpet, loop through a coat hanger, and place
the hanger on the drapery rod
- Remove wet area rugs or other loose floor coverings
- Open furniture drawers, closet doors, and luggage to enhance drying
- Move photos, paintings, and art objects to a safe, dry location
- Remove wet fabrics and dry them as soon as possible
- Remove damp books from shelves and spread them out to dry
- Do not use ordinary household vacuum to remove water
- Do not use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or wet floors
- Do not go into rooms with standing water if the electricity is still on
- Do not lift tacked down carpet without professional help. Lifting the carpet
incorrectly could damage the backing